As a real estate professional, social media can be a great platform for extending the reach of your marketing and networking. Bear in mind, however, that your online identity reflects upon your professional reputation – so please think before you post. Here are a few social media best practices:
- Keep personal and business social media accounts separate.
- Connect with clients only through your business accounts.
- Use complex passwords that can’t be easily guessed.
- Always demonstrate courtesy and professionalism when posting.
When adding information to your profile, ask yourself, “Would I mind if a stranger saw this?” Things to avoid:
- Social media should never be used to share confidential information.
- Don’t use social media to make comments about the company or competition